Friday, January 9, 2009

#19 Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

I explored lastfm.com. I'm a music fanatic, so this was a delight. I set up an account (I've done that a lot during these exercises!) and added some of my favorite artists to my library. The pop up window would frequently freeze during this action. I've have to close out of everything and return to the website. Pretty annoying.

But there are links to downloads, videos, shows in our area, etc. All the things a music devotee could want. maybe I'll return and check it our further. I was on the site on a Friday night, so maybe it was busy.

ADDENDUM:

I tried out pandora.com after I posted this, and it is too awesome! You type in an artist and it creates a radio station for you based on the artist you chose. It did great with the first 3 artists I tried. Try it for yourself!

No comments: